Entering Uganda has never been easier than today, there's no complications in entry requirements, since all you need is a VISA, which may be got at a consular, high commission or Embassy of Uganda in your area. Alternatively, as long you have your credentials and a few of the following vaccinations (most of which are optional), you can still get a VISA on arrival at Entebbe International Airport, Uganda – our major entry point.
- Yellow fever vaccine is essential.
- Hepatitis A and B, Mengitis, tetanus and typhoid are also recommended if you expect to get closer to wild animals.
Applying for a Visa:
You can acquire a visa at Uganda's High Commission or Embassy in your country of residence or on arrival at Entebbe International Airport, if you travel with all your relevant documentation and identification.
The charges for Uganda's Visa start from US$ 50 and above. For more details check out Visa and Passes page on Immigration website.
East Africa Tourist Visa:
The East Africa Tourist Visa will allow travel between Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda with the same multiple entry visa. This visa is the result of a joint initiative made by the Heads of States of the respective partner countries to boost regional travel and create opportunities for tourists to explore the diversity of East Africa.
Travelers from any country can obtain a multiple entry visa that will allow entry to the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda for tourism over period of 90 days.
- Eligible Person: Tourist, no restrictions on country of origin
- Dependents: All persons must apply in their own right.
- Travel Documents: All tourists must have an official and genuine international passport, valid for not less than 6 months from the time of visa application.
- Visa Fees: 100 USD per visa
- Validity of Visa: 90 days
- Single of Multiple Entry: Multiple entry to all three countries
- Work or no Work: Work is not permitted
- Visa Extension: An East Africa Tourist Visa shall not be extended.
- Country of Entry: The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter the region from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
- Movement of persons: The holder shall also be allowed to move out of the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, and the Republic of Uganda and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable for the validity period of the visa (90 days from visa approval).
For more details on the East African Tourist Visa visit www.visiteastafrica.org.