OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide and coordinate Legal and corporate services and offer guidance to the Board in line with The Uganda Tourism Act of 2008 and all other relevant laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises the Management on all legal matters.
- Ensures timely preparation of Organization’s legal documents such as contracts, leases, loans and other agreements.
- Supervises budget preparation for the Legal Unit.
- Represents the organization in court cases as may be required.
- Supervises regular Reviews on UTB by-laws.
- Ensures safe custody of the organization’s legal documents.
- Coordinates and ensures the institutionalization of the organization prosecutor’s cases.
- Drafts and Reviews all contracts, MOUs and agreements to which UTB is a party. Conducts due diligence in all matters.
- Monitors the activities of the various partners to ensure compliance with the approved Laws and MOUs in line with the Mission, Strategic Plan, relevant laws and agreements.
- Performs any other duties related to the field and as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Should Posses an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University or Institution with a bias in Commercial Law or company Law.
- post Graduate Diploma in Legal practice from a recognized Institution
- Must be a registered Member of the Uganda Law Society.
- Must possess at least three (3) years of Legal Practice as an advocate of the High Court of Uganda and subordinate courts.
- Knowledge of the Uganda Tourism Act of 2008 and other relevant laws which relate to and affect the tourism and travel trade.
- Must possess a valid Legal Practicing Certificate.
- Must possess a Certificate of Enrolment for the list of advocates of the High Court of Uganda and be computer literate
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Should have at least five (5) years demonstrated working experience in the field of Law, in a prominent and busy Public or Private Organization or Firm.
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable laws.
- Analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Negotiation and communication skills.
- Time management.
- Team Work/player
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Management advised on all legal matters.
- Timely preparation of Organization’s legal documents such as contracts, leases, loans and other agreements done.
- The budget for the legal unit prepared.
- UTB represented in court cases.
- Regular Reviews on UTB by-laws done.
- Safe custody of the organization’s legal documents done.
- All contracts to which UTB is a party reviewed and drafted
- Due diligence in all matters conducted
- Compliance with the approved Laws and MOUs in line with the Mission, Strategic Plan, relevant laws and agreements ensured
Mode of Application:
Interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited to apply.
Application with detailed CVs (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, copy of valid identity card, contact details ( telephone, postal and email addresses) of the three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday 16th September 2016
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification