The Pearl at 50 Photo Exhibition
The best way to sell and promote Uganda is to bring the country’s natural endowment closer to the people through images. As one of the initiatives to promote the country's beauty, USAID-STAR is supporting Matthias Mugisha’s photo exhibition showcasing Uganda as a top tourism destination to commemorate Uganda’s 50 years of independence.
In addition,the photo exhibition will promote the Lonely Planet’s declaration of Uganda as the number one must visit country of 2012.
The major objectives of the exhibition are to;
- promote domestic tourism
- promote the beauty of the country
- encourage our beauty to be displayed in public areas, homes, offices and abroad
- sell Uganda as the number one tourist destination.
The photos will feature;
- culture (Traditional dances, cultural activities and ritualseg marriage),
- People (Typical portraits from different tribes egKarimojong women clad in traditional attire)
- Wild life: A variety of stunning animal, birds and insect images
- Landscapes: sunsets, Uganda’s mountains, water and sky
- Plants: Creative macro and general shots of plant life.
You're all welcome!
Photo exhibition, fundraising, launch of tourist photo website
Showcasing Uganda as the top tourism destination to commemorate Uganda’s 50 years of independence
Dates: 26/Sep/2012 – 04/Oct/2012
Venue: Kampala, Serena Hotel
PearlEyes (U) Ltd and Mathias Mugisha in conjunction with USAID-STAR