Join the Uganda Tourism Board Team
Uganda Tourist Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by the Uganda Tourist Board Statute 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008.
Objectives of the Uganda Tourism Board
According to the Tourism Act, 2008, the major objectives of the Uganda Tourism Board are to:
- Promote and contribute to the development of the tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- Coordinate with the Ministry and private sector in the implementation of the national tourism policy.
- Carry out such activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects specified in objectives (a) and (b).
In support of its mandate, the Uganda Tourism Board is recruiting staff to join the existing team
JOB TITLE: MANAGER PLANNING
DUTY STATION: UTB HEADQUARTERS
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUPERVISES: PLANNING OFFICERS
Overall purpose of the job
Responsible for developing and coordinating the preparation of integrated plans and budgets for the organization per UTB mandate, also prepare UTB strategic plan and management plans and monitor their implementation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-coordinating the timely and appropriate UTB strategic plan plus other management plans and budgets. Outlining key activities to be undertaken to make Uganda a preferred tourist destination.
- Developing guidelines, procedures, standards and operating manuals for preparing integrated marketing out with plans and budgets to be followed by tourism industry multidisciplinary private sector planning teams.
- Developing appropriate strategies and plans for monitoring and tracking departmental plans against set objectives and budgets and ensuring that any negative variances are brought to the attention of UTB management.
- Establish monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to ensure all functional areas develop and implement plans that feed into the overall strategic direction and plan of UTB.
- Undertake research to guide private sector development
- Develop plans to Support private sector associations and facilitate the implementation of their objectives that complement the Board’s activities.
- Identify private sector capacity gaps and carry out activities to address the identified gaps
- Prepare product development plans, physical plans, feasibility studies, and so on, designed to promote the development of tourism experiences;
- Develop tourist itineraries plans defining the infrastructure needs and business opportunities along the value chain.
- Develop tourist site specific plans focusing on the attraction, infrastructure business opportunities and management frameworks
- Support the development of tourism product sites plan that encourage longer visitor stay and/or benefit the poor
- Support stakeholder capacity development along the tourist site value chain
- Developing and establishing strong relationships and network support plans with government agencies, donors, non-governmental and other corporate bodies that are involved in supporting Tourism activities in Uganda.
- Develop and implement an effective organization performance management system
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports on tourism developments for the organization.
An honor’s degree in statistics, economics, business studies or an equivalent from the recognized university. A post graduate training in any of the above is an added advantage.
Five years’ experience in research planning and management in the tourism sector in Uganda. The successful candidate must also demonstrate experience in project management, strategic planning and budgeting, performance management, team building and staff supervision.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested and eligible person who meet the above requirements are invited to apply. The application with a detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, a copy of a valid identity card, and contact details of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5pm Friday 24 July 2015.
The Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Tourism Board
Plot 42 Windsor Crescent, Kololo
P. O. Box 7211 KAMPALA